Hi,

I'm currently updating and improving the documentation[1] of flink-spector.
Regarding missing examples: I'm planning to include small examples showing
the behaviour of output matchers, as the documentation already includes
several demonstrating how to assemble test cases. Please let me know, if
you're having problems with a particular aspect of the framework or the
documentation or like to have an example for a special case. I will try to
work it into the next version.

At the moment the framework is lacking support to tests the scala api. As
you've experienced It's possible to  create simple cases but you'll soon
discover problems with hamcrest and scala types in general. I have written a
test environment for the scala api. And it should be easy to provide a nice
trait for scalatest and some wrappers around the java classes. What I'm
struggling with at the moment, is to utilize the scalatest matchers for
output verification.

Best,
Alex

[1]https://github.com/ottogroup/flink-spector/wiki