Hi Dromit

I started using Flink with Kafka but am currently looking into Kinesis to
replace Kafka.
The reason behind this is that eventually my application will run in
somebody's cloud and if I go for AWS then I don't have to take care of
operating Kafka and Zookeeper myself. I understand this can be a challenging
task.
Up to know where the Kafka bit is only running in a local test environment I
am happy running it as I just start 2 Docker containers and it does the job.
But this also means I have no clue how Kafka really works and what I need to
be careful with.
Besides knowledge which is required as it seems for Kafka costs is another
aspect here.
If one wants to operate a Kafka cluster plus Zookeeper on let's say the
Amazon cloud this might actually be more expensive than "just" using Kinesis
as a service.
There are apparently draw backs in terms of functionality and performance
but for my use case that does not seem to matter.

Philipp