Tzu-Li Tai, thanks for your response.

I've seen the example you mentioned before, TaxiRideSchema.java, but it's
way too simplified.

In a real POJO class you may have multiple fields such as integers,
strings, doubles, etc. So serializing them as a string like in the example
wouldn't work (you can't put together two arbitrary strings and later split
the byte array to get each of them, same for two integers, and nearly any
other types).

I feel there should be a more general way of doing this regardless of the
fields on the class you're de/serializing.

What do you do in these cases? It should be a pretty common scenario!

Regards,
Matt