Hi Matt,

Just to be clear, what I'm looking for is a way to serialize a POJO class for
Kafka but also for Flink, I'm not sure the interface of both frameworks are
compatible but it seems they aren't.

For Kafka (producer) I need a Serializer and a Deserializer class, and for
Flink (consumer) a SerializationSchema and DeserializationSchema class.

Any example of how to put this together would be greatly appreciated.

There’s actually a related JIRA for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-4050.
The corresponding PR is https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/2705, which adds
wrappers for the Kafka serializers.
Is this feature what you’re probably looking for?

Best Regards,
Gordon