Hi Craig,

I think the email wasn't sent to the ‘dev’ list, somehow.

Have you tried this:

mvn clean install -DskipTests
# In Maven 3.3 the shading of flink-dist doesn't work properly in one run, so
we need to run mvn for flink-dist again.
cd flink-dist
mvn clean install -DskipTests
I agree that it’ll affect downstream users who need to build Flink themselves,
and would be best if it can be resolved.
The above is still more or less a “workaround”, but since I don’t really know
the reason for why the newer Maven versions
won’t properly shade, we’ll probably need to wait for others more knowledgable
on the build infrastructure to chime in and
see if there’s a good long-term solution.

Best Regards,
Gordon