I think the problem is that there are actually two constructors with the
same signature. The one is defined with default arguments and the other has
the same signature as the one with default arguments when you leave all
default arguments out. I assume that this confuses the Scala compiler and
only works if you've specified the right types or at least one of the
parameters with a default argument.

Cheers,
Till