I'm afraid I don't know anything about eclipse.

Running mvn clean package will first delete all files in the /target directory, and then recompile your code to that very location. It shouldn't affect an IDE in a way that isn't resolvable by rebuilding the project in it. You could also try re-importing your code as a new project and see if it helps.

Note that you can start a Flink job with a functioning web UI from the IDE by calling `StreamExecutionEnvironment#createLocalEnvironmentWithWebUI()`, it is not necessary to build a jar.