Hi black,

If you are running Flink on Yarn or Mesos, Flink will automatically
allocate resource and launch new TaskManagers as needed.

If you are using Flink standalone mode, then the easiest way is to enable
slot sharing and set all the vertices into the same group (which is by
default). In that way, the total slots (or number of TaskManagers if you
config on slot for each TaskManager) needed for running the job would be
the maximum parallelism of the job graph vertices. Further information on
slot sharing could be found here
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.8/concepts/runtime.html#task-slots-and-resources>
.

Thank you~