Hi Song,
Thank you for the clarification.
Now I know TaskManagers are automatically allocated. Yet, I am still not
very clear how the TMs are allocated.
I'm guessing the allocation process would be:
On the job side, I have a job with each operator parallelism=5. Since one
TaskManager has one slot. It means this job would need 5 TaskManagers
becase one pipeline would need one slot according to the task scheduling
policy.
On the Mesos side, let's say currently there are no available TaskManagers.
Then Mesos would spawn 5 new TaskManagers for this job. Is it?
If what I am guessing is right, then let's say we have 4 physical computing
nodes for the Flink TaskManagers. How would Mesos place the 5 new
TaskManagers into the 4 physical computing nodes? Is it juts a Round-Robin
fashion?
Kind regards
Chase

--