From: John Smith [mailto:java.dev....@gmail.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2019 16:32
To: Dian Fu
Cc: user
Subject: [External] Re: Does operator uid() have to be unique across all jobs?

Ok cool. Thanks

BTW this seems a bit cumbersome...

.map(....).uid("some-id").name("some-id");

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 21:13, Dian Fu
<dian0511...@gmail.com<mailto:dian0511...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Yes, you can use it in another job. The uid needs only to be unique within a
job.

> 在 2019年10月24日,上午5:42,John Smith
> <java.dev....@gmail.com<mailto:java.dev....@gmail.com>> 写道:
>
> When setting uid() of an operator does it have to be unique across all jobs
> or just unique within a job?
>
> For example can I use env.addSource(myKafkaConsumer).uid("kafka-consumer") in
> another job?
E-mails can involve SUBSTANTIAL RISKS, e.g. lack of confidentiality, potential
manipulation of contents and/or sender's address, incorrect recipient
(misdirection), viruses etc. Based on previous e-mail correspondence with you
and/or an agreement reached with you, UBS considers itself authorized to
contact you via e-mail. UBS assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage
resulting from the use of e-mails.
The recipient is aware of and accepts the inherent risks of using e-mails, in
particular the risk that the banking relationship and confidential information
relating thereto are disclosed to third parties.
UBS reserves the right to retain and monitor all messages. Messages are
protected and accessed only in legally justified cases.
For information on how UBS uses and discloses personal data, how long we retain
it, how we keep it secure and your data protection rights, please see our
Privacy Notice http://www.ubs.com/privacy-statement