If we were to go the bahir route, I don't see the point in migrating the
1.4.x version there since that's already available in Flink. To me that is
almost the same as dropping explicit support for 1.4 and telling users to
use older connector versions if they wish to keep using it.

If we want to keep 1.4 around for legacy users and slowly deprecate that,
we can do that inside Flink and only push the 2.4.x version to bahir.

What do you think?

Gyula