Hi Robert and Gyula,

Thanks for reviving this thread. We have the implementation (currently for
2.2.3) and it is straightforward to contribute it back. Miklos (ccd) has
recently written a readme for said version, he would be interested in
contributing the upgraded connector back. The latest HBase version is
2.3.0, if we are touching the codebase anyway I would propose to have that.

If everyone is comfortable with it I would assign [1] to Miklos with double
checking the all functionality that Felipe has proposed is included.
[2] https://hbase.apache.org/downloads.html