Hi Arvid,
Thanks a lot for your reply. And yes, we do use confluent schema registry
extensively. But the `ConfluentRegistryAvroDeserializationSchema` expects
reader schema to be provided. That means it reads the message using writer
schema and converts to reader schema. But this is not what I want always. If
I have messages of different schema in the same topic, I cannot apply
`ConfluentRegistryAvroDeserializationSchema` correct ? I also came across
this  question
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58849635/is-it-possible-to-deserialize-avro-messageconsuming-message-from-kafka-without>

. I am also doing the same thing in my pipeline by providing custom
deserialiser using confluentSchemaRegistryClient. So as far as I understood,
in this usecase there is no way to tell flink about
`GenericRecordAvroTypeInfo` of the genericRecord which comes out of source
function. Please tell me if my understanding is correct.