From: Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Sent: 08 January 2021 19:26
To: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: Flink to get historical data from kafka between timespan t1 & t2

Hi,

for your point 3. you can look at
`FlinkKafkaConsumerBase.setStartFromTimestamp(...)`.

Points 1. and 2. will not work with the well established `FlinkKafkaConsumer`.
However, it should be possible to do it with the new `KafkaSource` that was
introduced in Flink 1.12. It might be a bit rough around the edged, though.

With the `KafkaSource` you can specify `OffsetInitializers` for both the
starting and stopping offset of the source. Take a look at `KafkaSource`,
`KafkaSourceBuilder`, and `OffsetInitializers` in the code.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Aljoscha