Thank you Yanfei for taking this issue as a bug and planning a fix in the
upcoming version.

I have another vulnerability bug coming on our product. It is related to
the "LZ4" compression library version. Can you please take a look at this
link?
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2019-17543

I have noticed that, Flink code base is using "*<lz4.version>1.8.0</lz4*
*.version>*". Vulnerability is present for the versions *before 1.9.2.*

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/pom.xml

Can you please look into this issue also and address it in the coming
releases?

Questions:
-----------
- Is the code actually using this compression library? Can this
vulnerability issue be ignored?

- Can you please let me know if this is going to be addressed. If yes,
until we move to the new Flink version to get the latest changes, would it
be ok if we upgrade the version of LZ4 in our local cloned code base? I
would like to understand the impact if we make changes in our local Flink
code with regards to testing efforts and any other affected modules?

Can you please clarify this?

Thanks,
Vidya Sagar.