On May 4, 2005, at 7:26 PM, David Crossley wrote:
The Web Maestro wrote:
I'm having a problem generating the table of Contents for our FAQs
page[1], although all other pages contain generated TOCs at the top. I
checked the Forrest 0.6 Menus & Linking page[2], and it indicates that
skinconf.xml should include the element:

<toc level="2" location="page"/>

The value we have in our skinconf.xml file is:

<toc max-depth="2" min-sections="3" location="page"/>

Although what we have is different, this matches what Forrest appears
to have for its skinconf.xml file in SVN[3]. I tried switching to the
<toc level="2" location="page"/>, but I get an error that @level must
be declared. I suspect the Docs are incorrect for Forrest 0.6 (I did
make certain I'm running forrest-0.6):

The docs must be old. I suggest that you follow what is
shown in the skinconf.xml for a fresh site, i.e. cd to a
new directory, do 'forrest seed' and look at its skinconf.xml

Thanks... Yeah... what we have is what's shown in the skinconf.xml for a fresh 'seed' site:

<toc max-depth="2" min-sections="3" location="page"/>

Unfortunately, we remain with an FAQ page which doesn't generate a TOC.

I'd suspect that somehow the faq.xml file is malformed, however I suspect that would generate a validate-xdocs error...

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>