The solution is therefore to use a regexp matcher in the project sitemap so that it does not match body-* and menu-* etc. This will allow you to use the sitemap extension mechanism without touching the core sitemap. I *strongly* advise against touching any of the core Forrest files as it will cause problems for you in upgrading Forrest in the future.

There are examples of regexp matchers in the core sitemap. I'm pretty poor with regular expressions, if you don't know what to put in the pattern ask here, I'm sure there will be someone who can tell you how to match

**.html but not (**/menu-*.html or **/body-*.html or **/tabs-*.html)

(I think they are the only ones you need to avoid).

So this would be something like ^(?!tab-|menu-|body-).*.html$ and ^.*/(?!tab-|menu-|body-).*.html$ respectivly.

Unfortunatly jakarta-regexp (which is used inside cocoon) doesn't seem to support the negative lookahead (?!...) and gives me a 'RESyntaxException: Syntax error: Missing operand to closure'.