On 08.05.2009 03:29:20 David Crossley wrote:
> Heather Phipps wrote:
> > Actually, with my little hack, the font is properly embedded in the PDF only
> > when pre-generated, i.e., when you do "forrest site," but not when the PDFs
> > are generated on the fly, i.e., when you do "forrest run."  Not sure exactly
> > what accounts for the difference.  If anyone has a better understanding of
> > the cause of this discrepency, please let me know...
> >
> > Otherwise, I may look into this more at some later point and will update
> > this thread if I have any further insight.
>
> Perhaps the FOP project will be able help with that
> and with the memory issue:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/

When it is working in one case inside Forrest but not another? I doubt
it. That rather sounds like an integration problem (and I'm no Cocoon
expert). I don't know what the difference is between the two cases and
how the JVM gets the memory settings for them (I assume we're talking
about an OutOfMemoryError). What you'll get from FOP support is
questions like: does it work from the command-line? Generally, FOP can
deal with Japanese characters (left-to-right only).

At any rate, loading TrueType font currently takes a lot of memory (i.e.
it's programmed rather inefficiently). I'm sure that can be improved but
so far nobody cared enough to do the work.

Sorry, but I don't have any good suggestions other than (somehow) making
sure the JVM has enough memory.

Jeremias Maerki