Hi!!

I think that this might help you. To deploy the connection pool just for a web module, the only diference between a pool deployed as a server scope is how you deploy the database-plan.xml.

The oracle driver must be at the repository/oracle/jars/ on the installation directory. You have to do a new folder and copy the driver there. Then, you write a oracle-plan.xml.

If you want to deploy as server scope, then you have to deploy like this:

java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy oracle-plan.xml \

repository/tranql/rars/tranql-connector-1.0-M3.rar

If you want to deploy as application scope you have to include at the EAR the oracle-plan.xml, and add this reference at geronimo-application.xml:

META-INF/geronimo-application.xml

<application

xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application"

configId="MyApplication">

<module>

<connector>tranql-connector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.rar</connector>

<alt-dd>database-plan.xml</alt-dd>

</module>

</application>

If you want to deploy just as web app scope, then when you deploy you web app, what you have to do is include on the geronimo-jetty.xml the oracle-plan.xml and a external reference to the tranql.rar, and deploy the web app normal. Like this:

WEB-INF/geronimo-jetty.xml

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/web/jetty"

xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming"

...>

<resource>

<external-rar>

tranql/rars/tranql-connector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.rar

</external-rar>

<connector>

       ßhere oracle-plan.xmlà

</connector>

</resource>

</web-app>

Hope this helps.

Katia

>From: waimun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: user@geronimo.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Location of Database driver
>Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 19:00:43 -0400
>
>I am modifying the default-database-plan by inserting another
>dependency for the oracle jar directory. I feel that this might be
>wrong as I only need the jar file to be exposed in the web context.
>I am still getting the NoClassDefFound. How do I do this in the plan
>file?
>
>Thanks,
>waimun
>
>On Jun 3, 2005, at 7:11 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>
>>I can't find your previous posts.
>>You need to include a dependency to the driver jar in your plan.
>>For instance, default-database-plan has dependencies on the axion
>>jar and 3 other jars it needs.  For oracle you should need only the
>>oracle driver jar.  If this doesn't fix the problem please post
>>your entire plan.
>>
>>thanks
>>david jencks
>>

>>On Jun 3, 2005, at 2:45 PM, waimun wrote:
>>
>>>Hi...
>>>I am still getting NoClassDefFound. Do I need any other
>>>configuration other than creating the directory structure you have
>>>mentioned.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>--
>>>waimun

>>>directory. You
>>>folder, for
>>>name jar,

Acepta el reto MSN Premium: Envía hasta 500 megas diarios de fotos desde Hotmail. Descárgalo y pruébalo 2 meses gratis.