Have you tried adding axis/axis/xx/jar as a dependency instead of the car?

--vamsi

On 11/29/06, Michael Moser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Frankly - I don't care. If possible I would of course like to use the
version that comes with it (as is obviously started as module 4 of 21,
at least that's what the log says), but if necessary, i.e. if I can't
access that (for security or whatever reason) I wouldn't mind to pack
another copy of it into my app.
I have tried and added the built-in axis (geronimo/axis/1.1.1/car) as
dependency but that didn't change anything and I still got these JSP
compile errors. That's why I am asking: where does one specify these
dependencies or "imports" and how?

Michael

"Aaron Mulder"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Are you trying to use the version of Axis bundled with Geronimo, or a
> separate version that you supply yourself?
>
> Thanks,
>      Aaron
>
> On 11/28/06, Michael Moser
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I am trying since days to get an application running on Geronimo.
>> This
>> application - big deal one would think - is using the axis library.
>> When
>> I try to start it I always get the following error:
>>
>> -----------------
>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP
>>
>> Generated servlet error:
>> The type org.apache.axis.AxisFault cannot be resolved. It is
>> indirectly
>> referenced from required .class files
>>

>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(
DefaultErrorHandler.java:84)

>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(
ErrorDispatcher.java:328)

>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java
:409)

>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:297)
>>
>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:276)
>>
>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:264)
>>
>> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(
JspCompilationContext.java:563)

>> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(
JspServletWrapper.java:303)