I remember facing a similar issue and I think that there is a bug with
the TypeConverter stuff in OpenEJB. I would second Gianny's advice to
use Geronimo 2.0 and OEJB 3.0 and get back if there are issues there.

Regards
Manu

On 7/5/07, Gianny Damour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 05/07/2007, at 10:34 PM, MoleSon wrote:

> Could not deploy module
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Could not deploy
> module
> Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Cannot
> create
> type converter mypackage.MyTypeConverter
>       at
> org.openejb.deployment.SchemataBuilder.processEnterpriseBeans
> (SchemataBuilder.java:436)
>       ... 32 more
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: mypackage.MyTypeConverter
>       at
> org.openejb.deployment.SchemataBuilder.processEnterpriseBeans
> (SchemataBuilder.java:434)
>       ... 33 more
>
> I had a look at the geronimo source code and notices that the
> Exception is
> thrown at these lines in the ScemataBuilder:
> try
> {
>       Class typeConverterClass = cl.loadClass(mapping.getTypeConverter
> ().trim());
>       typeConverter = (TypeConverter)typeConverterClass.newInstance();
> }
> catch(Exception e)
> {
>       throw new DeploymentException("Cannot create type converter " +
> mapping.getTypeConverter(), e);
> }

It is hard to diagnostic. Could you please put a breakpoint after
cl.loadClass and tell us what the value of MultiParentClassLoader.id
is? Also, I strongly recommend you to migrate to the latest version
of Geronimo/OpenEJB, which uses OpenJPA as the underlying persistence
framework for CMPs. This migration should be "effortless" as you do
not need to change your OpenEJB deployment descriptors. Furthermore,
you will also be able to leverage the simplified programming model of
EJB3.

Thanks,
Gianny