I just saw, that I made an mistake when deploying the app: I forgot to update
the deployment plan so that the typeconverter was not listed. This means:
deploying doesn't work at all.

@Gianny: there is no MultiParentClassLoader, but there is a variable called
cl which is a JarFileClassLoader and the id of this one is:
default/<myAppName>/1.0/car

I also tried out geronimo 2.0 but when I deploy my app, i get a
NullPointerException without any serious information why it is thrown. I
also was not able to make eclipse debug geronimo 2.0 so I'll stay with to
1.1 version for now and need to get my problems fixed there.