Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

> There are two problems, both in Plan Creator feature:
> 1) Error message/Java Exceptions are suppressed by Plan Creator code and
> not
> shown to the user at all :-(
>
> With liferay-portal-4.4.1.war, when I ran Geronimo in debug mode and
> remote
> connected via Eclipse (with a break point put at the beginning of
> org.apache.geronimo.console.configcreator.JSR88_Util.parseWarReferences()
> function inside "plancreator-portlets" module), I found that we are
> getting
> following exception:
>
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: AbstractWebModuleBuilder:
> Could not load servlet class: com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet
>
> Instead of showing this error on Console, plan creator is currently
> suppressing it in an empty catch() block.
> *GERONIMO-3850<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3850>
> *is opened for this.
>
> 2) Secondly, I see that the class it is complaining "
> com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet" *does* exist, but inside a
> compressed jar ("portal-impl.jar") in WEB-INF/lib directory of WAR. Plan
> Creator has a current limitation :-( in resolving such classes. *
> GERONIMO-3851 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3851> *is
> opened for this.
>
> Due to these bugs/limitations, I am sorry to say that you will again have
> create geronimo-web.xml by hand. I found one "geronimo-web.xml" inside
> liferay-portal-4.4.1.war itself. I have removed non-existing dependencies
> from it and attached it in this mail. Please see if it works. (I guess it
> requires some pre-requisite db-pools to be deployed before the WAR can be
> deployed). Hope it helps.

Hi Shiva,

Is there any new word on the origins of the security configuration errors we
were seeing?

I have spent a good deal of time this week reading everything I could get my
hands on, including a healthy chunk of the 120 Geronimo articles up at IBM's
developerworks.
(http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/views/opensource/libraryview.jsp?end_no=120&lcl_sort_order=asc&type_by=All+Types&sort_order=asc&start_no=1&show_all=true&sort_by=Date&search_by=&topic_by=Geronimo&search_flag=&show_abstract=true).

However, the most recent I could find that seemed relevant to this issue was
on the wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/installation-and-configuration.html

However, this is an installation document, and provides little in the way of
debugging guidelines, and I  am only now just far enough along in wrapping
my head around all the technologies that make up Geronimo to get myself in
trouble.

Suggestions?

Once past this, I would like your advise on how to bring up to date the
Liferay-provided .car file for the derby pool. I looked at its contents, and
I see that they are clearly wrong (my guess is that they were written for
v1.1), but I am not quite sure how to go about fixing it so as to be in
alignment with v2.1

...one step at a time though...first the security issue.

Thank you for your time, patience, and advise.

Jim