I got the archetypes sort of working and made some progress on liferay.

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3871 and the attached jar which contains the projects I came up with and some notes on what I did. It would be great if you could imitate what I did to see if my instructions make sense. I'm planning to write up something like this in the docs.

As noted with the attachment the server won't actually start, it gets OOM permgen errors even with 512m.

Where did the geronimo-web.xml come from? Is it under an asl- compatible license? If so I'd like to use this as an example for the docs, especially if we can get it to work.