On Jun 8, 2008, at 1:44 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:

Hi David

I have been taking a look at your excellent "Constructing a special- purpose server using maven" (link below) in the hope to actually get Liferay 5.0.1 (rc1) running on Geronimo 2.1.1 in a special purpose build. Working on this i noticed what I believe is a typo in the documentation of the liferay-jetty pom

              <configuration>
                      :
                  <module>
                      <groupId>com.liferay</groupId>
                      <artifactId>liferay-portal</artifactId>
                      <version>${liferayVersion}</version>
                      <type>war</type>
                  </module>
                     :

If I understand things right the artifactId should be "liferay- portal-lesslibs" else the liferay portal plugin would be the unmodified liferay war.

I agree, fixed, thanks!

Despite this finding I am unfortunately stuck at the same 404 error at http://localhost:8080/c as pointed out in the documentation. Although I added the debugviews console portlet plugin and trying to squeeze some logging out of liferay to find out what is going on I have so far not been able to get past this problem.

Have anyone got some luck with this ?
Any suggestion on what to do to get more information out of liferay/ geronimo to be able to pinpoint and fix this error is greatly appreciated!

I talked with Brian Chan a little bit at JavaOne and it sounded like liferay had some way to get running on current geronimo, and he sounded interested in pursuing plugins. However, I haven't been able to contact him since.

thanks!
david jencks

regards
peter petersson