actually i deployed a geronimo-application.xml deployment plan,
defining the connection factory:

    <ext-module>
      <connector>jms-resources</connector>
      <external-path
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2";>
        <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.modules</dep:groupId>
        <dep:artifactId>geronimo-activemq-ra</dep:artifactId>
        <dep:version>2.1.1</dep:version>
        <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
      </external-path>
      <connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2";>
        <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2";>
          <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
              <dep:groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</dep:groupId>
               <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</dep:artifactId>
              <dep:version>2.1.1</dep:version>
              <dep:type>car</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
          </dep:dependencies>
        </dep:environment>
        <resourceadapter>
          <resourceadapter-instance>
            <resourceadapter-name>jms-resources</resourceadapter-name>
            <workmanager xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2";>
              <gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</gbean-link>
            </workmanager>
          </resourceadapter-instance>
          <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
              <connectiondefinition-instance>
                <name>VideoConnectionFactory</name>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
                <connectionmanager>
                  <xa-transaction>
                    <transaction-caching/>
                  </xa-transaction>
                  <single-pool>
                    <max-size>200</max-size>
                    <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
                    <idle-timeout-minutes>5</idle-timeout-minutes>
                    <match-one/>
                  </single-pool>
                </connectionmanager>
              </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
          </outbound-resourceadapter>
        </resourceadapter>
        <adminobject>
          <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-class>
          <adminobject-instance>

<message-destination-name>queue/videoupdate</message-destination-name>
            <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">queue/videoupdate</config-property-setting>
          </adminobject-instance>
        </adminobject>
      </connector>

but maybe it ignores these settings and it takes the default settings.
i will give it a try,

thanks for helping,

mario.