I had already installed jdk1.6.0_06
I had already installed Geronimo: geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3-bin.zip
I installed a fresh Ganymede: eclipse-jee-ganymede-SR1-win32.zip
Added Geronimo 2.1 plugins from within Eclipse.
Then I deployed a web application. The first time, it deploys fine. The second time, I get an out of memory, due to heap space.

The web application may be found here: http://www.manning.com/dbrown/SampleApplication.zip

1) Download the source code from above, and unzip.
2) copy Struts2InAction.war to Struts2InAction.zip
3) Unzip the Struts2InAction.zip file to a folder called WebContent and delete Struts2InAction.zip
4) Validate that your WebContent has WEB-INF, index.html, etc.
5) In your Eclipse workspace folder, create a folder called Struts2InAction, and move your WebContent folder into it.
6) Start Eclipse
7) Right-click in Project Explorer, New > Project > Web > Dynamic Web Project (next)
8) Project name: Struts2InAction > select Geronimo 2.1 > (next)
9) Leave Context Root and Content Directory, but change Java Source Directory to WebContent/WEB-INF/src > (finish)
10) Right-click your project > Run As > Run On Server
11) Point browser at http://localhost:8080/Struts2InAction <http://localhost:8080/HelloWorld> 12) index.html will say "one moment please" while the jsp compiles, then the menu will come-up. 13) Back in Eclipse, edit (for example) WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml with your MySql login and save the file.
14) Wait for the application to republish itself.

This is where the error occurs:

Deployment failed due to java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

I've started Eclipse with -vmargs -Xmx768M and get the same result. Not able to put 1024M in there, for some reason (Eclipse won't even start).

--Dale--