Ok Thank you very much everyone for the reply. I would still have a tough
question to ask you:

About Geronimo's load balancing / failover capacities. Is it only based on
apache's ones, or is there a functionality specific to Geronimo about this?

I am asking this because it seems that apache's load balancing only bother
of front-end aspects: severals servers with thousands of clients
(web-browsers or desktop applications). And in our case we plan to developp
an application of type Operations Support Systems which will be interfaced
to an existant Network Management System, and we will need to use back-end
type load-balancing between all our thousands of equipements. As for our
client applications, we won't have many.

So here is the question: Is Geronimo able to perform load-balancing of
back-end type?

Aldian