Hi,

I have a outbound resource adapter which is a connector for a rule engine. I
need help to deploy it in Geronimo.

Structure of rar is:

adapter.jar(contains adapter classes)
connector-api.jar(required 3rd party library)
jsr94.jar(required 3rd party library)
META-INF\rar.xml
META-INF\geronimo.xml

Following is my geronimo-ra.xml :

<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2";>
  <resourceadapter>
    <outbound-resourceadapter>
      <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>biz.hammurapi.rules.ra.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
        <connectiondefinition-instance>
          <name>RuleConnection</name>
          <connectionmanager>
            <no-transaction/>
            <no-pool/>
          </connectionmanager>
        </connectiondefinition-instance>
      </connection-definition>
    </outbound-resourceadapter>
  </resourceadapter>
</connector>

Following is ra.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<connector xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/connector_1_5.xsd";
    version="1.5">
    <display-name>Hammurapi Rules Adapter</display-name>
    <vendor-name>Hammurapi Group</vendor-name>
    <eis-type>Rules enabled application</eis-type>
    <resourceadapter-version>1.0</resourceadapter-version>
    <resourceadapter>

<resourceadapter-class>biz.hammurapi.rules.ra.ResourceAdapterImpl</resourceadapter-class>

        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<managedconnectionfactory-class>biz.hammurapi.rules.ra.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl</managedconnectionfactory-class>

<connectionfactory-interface>biz.hammurapi.rules.ra.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>

<connectionfactory-impl-class>biz.hammurapi.rules.ra.ConnectionFactoryImpl</connectionfactory-impl-class>

<connection-interface>javax.rules.RuleSession</connection-interface>

<connection-impl-class>biz.hammurapi.rules.ra.RuleSessionImpl</connection-impl-class>
            </connection-definition>
            <transaction-support>NoTransaction</transaction-support>
            <authentication-mechanism>

<authentication-mechanism-type>BasicPassword</authentication-mechanism-type>

<credential-interface>javax.resource.spi.security.PasswordCredential</credential-interface>
            </authentication-mechanism>
            <reauthentication-support>false</reauthentication-support>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
    </resourceadapter>
</connector>

Please let me know what am I missing here.

My second question is I have another web application through which I need to
access this resource adapter. I assume connectiondefinition-instance
name(which is "RuleConnection") can be used as JNDI name to get Connection
object. Is this understanding correct?

Please suggest.