The global JNDI name will be something different from the "name" you
specify in ra.xml. Try to find the name in the server start up log,
which is located in var/log folder.

Or, as David pointed out, you can claim a dependency in your
application deployment plan (e.g., geronimo-web.xml for Web app) to
this resource adapter, and use "eis/RuleConnection" to look up it.

-Jack

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:18 PM, jam_developer <kbh...@mailcity.com> wrote:

> Thanks David and Jack for your response.
>
> With couple of changes, I could able to deploy RA in Geronimo using
> Administrative console. Now when I go to JNDI viewer, I don't see my
> specified JNDI name. Following is my geronimo-ra.xml details:
> <connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2";>
>
>   <environment
> xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1";>
>     <moduleId>
>       <groupId>hammurapi</groupId>
>       <artifactId>RulesAdapter</artifactId>
>       <version>4.1</version>
>       <type>rar</type>
>     </moduleId>
>     <dependencies/>
>     <dep:hidden-classes/>
>     <dep:non-overridable-classes/>
>   </environment>
>
>  <resourceadapter>
>    <outbound-resourceadapter>
>      <connection-definition>
>
> <connectionfactory-interface>com.hammurapi.reasoning.ForwardReasoningSessionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
>        <connectiondefinition-instance>
>          <name>eis/RuleConnection</name>
>          <connectionmanager>
>            <no-transaction/>
>            <no-pool/>
>          </connectionmanager>
>        </connectiondefinition-instance>
>      </connection-definition>
>    </outbound-resourceadapter>
>  </resourceadapter>
> </connector>

> I was expecting to see specified JNDI name (eis/RuleConnection)  in JNDI
> viewer but JNDI viewer just shows
> hammurapi/RulesAdapter/4.1/rar
>
> Please let me know what am I missing out here.
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> You'd need an environment element in the geronimo-ra.xml that has at
>> least a module id for the adapter.
>>
>> After that, you need to list the module id as a dependency of the web
>> app in the geronimo-web.xml or other plan file to get the lookup to
>> work.
>>
>> Other than that, I'd need to see a more detailed description of
>> exactly what you are doing and what errors you get.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Dec 23, 2009, at 3:49 AM, jam_developer wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a outbound resource adapter which is a connector for a rule
>>> engine. I
>>> need help to deploy it in Geronimo.
>>>
>>> Structure of rar is:
>>>
>>> adapter.jar(contains adapter classes)
>>> connector-api.jar(required 3rd party library)
>>> jsr94.jar(required 3rd party library)
>>> META-INF\rar.xml