Thank you for your response Claudio.

I updated the command with the input class you suggested.

*bin/hadoop jar
/home/ubuntu/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-1.0.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar
*
* org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation *
*-eif org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IntNullTetxEdgeInputFormat*
*-eip /simpleEdgeList/SimpleEdgeList.tsv*
*-of org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat *
*-op /outShortestEdgeList01 *
*-w 1*

Unfortunately I am getting an error message

*13/06/03 23:00:08 INFO utils.ConfigurationUtils: No vertex input format
specified. Ensure your InputFormat does not require one.*
*Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
checkClassTypes: Vertex index types don't match, vertex - class
org.apache.hadoop.io.LongWritable, edge input format - class
org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable*
* at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphConfigurationValidator.verifyEdgeInputFormatGenericTypes(GiraphConfigurationValidator.java:266)
*
* at
org.apache.giraph.job.GiraphConfigurationValidator.validateConfiguration(GiraphConfigurationValidator.java:125)
*
* at
org.apache.giraph.utils.ConfigurationUtils.parseArgs(ConfigurationUtils.java:155)
*
* at org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner.run(GiraphRunner.java:74)*
* at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)*
* at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)*