I have managed to compile Giraph 1.1.0 for hadoop 2.5.1 with YARN (without
STATIC_SASL) but have not yet got it to work on my cluster (neither YARN nor
MR).

Off-topic: Its a bit frustrating. I really had my hopes up on Giraph 1.1.0.
YARN has been the default for hadoop for quite a while now. Lets just hope t
hat Giraph manages to catch up soon or people will be looking at other
solutions.

I can’t roll back the cluster to Hadoop 2.0.3 (Giraph apparently works for that
version with YARN), so I just have to keep trying to get it to work with
MapReduce.