You aren't setting yh (yarn heap), and without this parameter, every
container will have 1024 MB by default. You should use -yh 10240 (same
value of mapreduce.map.memory.mb).

You should ask about giraph 1.2 compilation in a separate email for a
better understanting. I didn't compile it yet, so i'm unable to help you in
this issue..

--
*José Luis Larroque*
Analista Programador Universitario - Facultad de Informática - UNLP