Assuming that the users are connecting to a Windows device since it's via
RDP. Is it possible that 1) user A and user B are both connecting to the
same Windows device and 2) either they're connecting to the "console"
session and/or 3) the Windows device doesn't have terminal services and
just allows a single (limited) number of remote desktop connection, and
user B is inadvertently forcibly logging user A off? I ask since you say
that they're losing work, but a RDP disconnect / reconnect shouldn't log
off the session on the Windows device, just disconnect it. There are also
registry settings / Terminal Services configs / group policies to force a
session to log off if it's disconnected.

Maybe you can describe your environment a bit more?

If you're indeed connecting to a Windows terminal server, and if you have
access to Windows workstations that can connect to your RDP sessions, try
to replicate the setup with mstsc (Remote Desktop Connection) and see if
the same disconnect / log off issue happens.

--
Jonathan Hankins

Homewood City Schools

W: 205-877-4548

--
This e-mail is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential
or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, the