I was incorrect -- I *did* have a domain user named "guacadmin". I checked
the windows event logs on the 2012 machine I failed to connect to and saw
error 4825 in the Windows/Security event log, as an Audit Failure message:

"A user was denied the access to Remote Desktop. By default, users are
allowed to connect only if they are members of the Remote Desktop Users
group or Administrators group."

If I delete the user and try to connect again, I get this expected error
from guacd:

"RDP server closed/refused connection: Authentication failure (invalid
credentials?)"

I hear you saying you can connect to the same server presumably with the
same domain and username credentials via another RDP client, but I'd
suggest double-checking that this is indeed the case as well as check your
Windows Event logs to see if anything is logged when the connection from
guacamole fails.

--
Jonathan Hankins

Homewood City Schools

W: 205-877-4548

--
This e-mail is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential
or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, the