On Tue, Nov 14, 2023 at 10:07 PM Mackie Gippets <
techboard.soluti...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> What I'm aiming to do is the ability to modify the initial-program
> configuration setting (from
> https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#session-settings)
> when a particular user is signed-in through the web interface.
>
> The configuration option change shouldn't modify the saved value, but the
> connection should proceed with the modified initial-program configuration
> value for the session only.
>
> Ideally, we would like to be able to do this using Javascript (through
> guacamole-common-js), but I wasn't clear on how the UserContext object can
> be accessed through it.

Mackie,
I think Mike was trying to get at an even higher-level view of what you're
trying to do - that is, _why_ do you want to modify the initial program,
and what type of modification? For example:
* You have an Initial Program specified, but you want to insert something
like the user's name as an argument to the initial program?
* You want to change the Initial Program from one value to another based on
something else - group membership, where the user is logging in from, what
time the user logged in, etc.?

I'm speaking a bit for Mike, here, but I think he was trying to figure out
if, perhaps, there is some other way to accomplish the changes you're
trying to make - for example, Parameter Tokens - that might already be
built into Guacamole - or, at the very least, easily extensible - that
wouldn't require your trying to mess with the user context via the web
front-end. Or, if those methods don't work, just trying to help guide you
in a way that would help update/inject that value in the easiest way
possible - for example, you can write an authentication extensions that
wraps/delegates to an existing extension, and use that to make the changes.
But, again, all of this is speculation and theory until we know more
precisely why and with what values you're looking to update that
initial-program parameter.