On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Scott <sbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nick,
>
> Thanks again for the help.
>
> My next question is, for SSH, how does the display automatically get resized
> when the web page is resized

Changes to the size of the screen are communicated through "size" instructions:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/protocol-reference.html#size-event-instruction

The Guacamole.Client object provides a function for sending this:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/guacamole-common-js/Guacamole.Client.html#sendSize

> and how is the size of the SSH terminal
> initialized to the size of the web page?

The initial screen size is communicated during the Guacamole protocol handshake:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-protocol.html#guacamole-protocol-handshake

The Guacamole.Client JavaScript object does not handle the handshake,
instead relying on the underlying tunnel to have taken care of that
prior to access being granted (thus enforcing the restriction that
users cannot obtain access to systems not explicitly allowed by the
web application acting as a gateway). The Guacamole Java API provides
an implementation of the handshake via ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/guacamole-common/org/apache/guacamole/protocol/ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket.html

with the screen size being a part of GuacamoleClientInformation:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/guacamole-common/org/apache/guacamole/protocol/GuacamoleClientInformation.html

- Mike