Yes, I had similar views from  the netapp paper.  My usecase is io heavy and
that's why ( atleast IMO), when data set grows, a shared SAN begins to make
less sense as opposed to DAS for MR type of jobs.

As Lucas pointed out, sharing the same data with other apps is a great adv. w
SAN.

Thanks
Abhishek

i Sent from my iPad with iMstakes

On Oct 18, 2012, at 6:59, "Michael Segel"