Hi All
We have a plan to move to Amazon AWS cloud, by doing some research i find that
i can start the map/reduce cluster in AWS with the following command:%
bin/hadoop-ec2 launch-cluster test-cluster 2
The command allows me to start a cluster with required nodes(no more than 20,
correct me if i were wrong), so here comes to my questions:
1. How does AWS know how many map/reduce slot should be configured to each EC2
instance? Is it depends on the EC2 instance type (m1.large, m1.xlarge...)?2.
How it is charged? Nodes number * price per node per hour ?3. Is each node like
a single EC2 instance in my admin console?
Thanks in advance!
CheersRamon