      From: Zoltán Zvara <zoltan.zv...@gmail.com>
 To: Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Cc: user@hadoop.apache.org
 Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:10 AM
 Subject: Re: YARN re-locate container

How is this achieved? As far as I see it now, after stopping a container, the
AM must reallocate the same container with the same resource vector but with
locality preferences pointed to the new, target node. After the new leash has
been acquired, then the AM can take it to the new node and initiate a
`startContainers` message.Our use-case with Ericsson would require a more
simple API, where (for example) a `moveContainer` call from the AM would ask
the RM or NM to move a container from one node to another (or to any of the
specified set of preferred nodes). Move would simply kill the container and
restart it on another node at any given time whenever it is possible - I feel
questions around scheduling: how container moves should be handled? Probably
not like simple allocations.
Am I understanding the architecture correctly here?
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 7:31 PM Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>