Hello,

we are currently evaluating HBase for a project. In respect to available
backup options, we found the following blog post here:

http://blog.sematext.com/2011/03/11/hbase-backup-options/

Probably well known for you guys here. So, am I right when I say that
there is no online (consistent backup while the system is in use) and
incremental backup utility we are used from the RDBMS world?

We would also like to try out various outage scenarios, e.g. pulling the
network cable out of one node or resetting the server etc ... while the
system is in use ... Anybody tried different outage scenarios with
HBase?

Thanks!

Thomas