Not sure what you read in Otis' bog but pretty ssure it's out of date.

Check out MapR stuff.

Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&T
On Jul 14, 2011 6:57 AM, Steinmaurer Thomas <thomas.steinmau...@scch.at>
wrote:

Hello,

we are currently evaluating HBase for a project. In respect to available

backup options, we found the following blog post here:

http://blog.sematext.com/2011/03/11/hbase-backup-options/

Probably well known for you guys here. So, am I right when I say that

there is no online (consistent backup while the system is in use) and

incremental backup utility we are used from the RDBMS world?

We would also like to try out various outage scenarios, e.g. pulling the

network cable out of one node or resetting the server etc ... while the

system is in use ... Anybody tried different outage scenarios with

HBase?

Thanks!

Thomas