> http://www.quora.com/How-does-HBase-write-performance-differ-from-write-performance-in-Cassandra-with-consistency-level-ALL

Thanks, that was what I was referring to earlier in this thread. Now bookmarked.
Comments there from those more knowledgable about Cassandra than I seem to
indicate that N=3,W=3,R=1 is not practical (one commenter I know to be an
expert characterizes it as "suicidal"), and the comments in the collapsed
answer indicate there are corner cases known to Cassandra experts where
HBase-equivalent strong consistency cannot be maintained even with that setting.

So it seems that claims that Cassandra can provide consistency equivalent to
HBase are erroneous.

Best regards,

       - Andy

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet Hein (via
Tom White)