HBase Serve the purpose if you use the HDFS underlying hbase, as it will
distribute, and also you can write hbase mapreduce code additional to the
hbase APIs. Please check following links for hbase mapreduce coding...

http://hbase.apache.org/book/mapreduce.example.html
http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html
http://hbase.apache.org/book/mapreduce.html

*Thanks & Regards    *