Jerome

I would recommend that you try Rank function with columns from just one
table first.
Once it is established that rank is working fine then add all the joins.

I am still on Hive 0.10 so cannot test it myself.
However, I can find a similar issue on following link - so its possible you
are facing issues due to this reported bug.

Richa