Views are logical . The view is compiled and has no penalty over the
standard query.

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013, Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Since this bug was in Impala's query planner, I'm sure Hive is unaffected.
>
> On Aug 20, 2013 10:15 PM, "Stephen Boesch" <java...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks v much Ricky.  Is this fixed in hive 0.11 - or going to be later
i.e. 0.12?

>> 2013/8/20 Ricky Saltzer <ri...@cloudera.com>
>>>
>>> Although this is already fixed in the next and upcoming impala release,
you might want to be aware of the following view limitation.

>>> https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-495

simply represent queries. Are there situtions that things are "not that
simple" - i.e. views may actually result in different exeucution plans than
the underlying sql?
that would limit the occasions that we could use them?