Thanks for the inputs Edward and Ricky.  I did look at the relevant source
code on the version we are using 0.9 and it does not appear there would be
any impact of views on the underlying sql - it does column aliasing and
checks  that the query partition columns match partition columns of the
underlying tables.    Neither would lead to incorrect partition pruning.