Hi Deepak,

If I were you, I would test your repro case on the master branch.
If it is fixed, I think you should try to find the fix which solves the problem
and cherry-pick the fix to branch-3 and branch-3.1 so the fix is there in the
next release.
If the problem is still present on the master branch, then take a look at this
page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute> This
describes the development method for Hive.

Thanks,
Peter