I have tested the script with Hive 2.3.6, Hive 3.1.2, and Hive
4.0.0-SNAPSHOT (all with minor modifications), and have not found any
problem. So, I guess all the master branches are fine.

If Hive 3.0.0.3.1 is the release included in HDP 3.0.0 or HDP 3.0.1, I
remember that this Hive-LLAP/Tez release was not stable. So, it could be a
problem specific to the release in HDP 3.0.0/3.0.1.

--- Sungwoo