On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Raymond Wilson <raymond_wil...@trimble.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I definitely have not had more than one server node running at the same
> time (though there have been more than one client node running on the same
> machine).
>

> I suspect what is happening is that one or more of the network interfaces
> on the machine can have their address change dynamically. What I thought of
> as a GUID is actually (I think) an IPv6 address attached to one of the
> interfaces. This aspect of the folder name tends to come and go.
>

> You can see from the folder names below that there are quite a number of
> addresses involved. This seems to be fragile (and I certainly see the name
> of this folder changing frequently), so I think being able to set it to
> something concrete would be a good idea.

I think I understand what is happening. Ignite starts off with a default
port, and then starts incrementing it with every new node started on the
same host. Perhaps you start server and client nodes in different order
sometimes which causes server to bind to a different port.

To make sure that your server node binds to the same port all the time, you
should try specifying it explicitly in the server node configuration, like
so (forgive me if this snippet does not compile):

> *<property name="discoverySpi">         <bean
> class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">

Please make sure that the client nodes either don't have any port
configured, or have a different port configured.

You should also make sure that Ignite always binds to the desired local
interface on client and server nodes, by specifying
IgniteConfiguration.setLocalHost(...) property, or like so in XML:

*<property name="localHost" value="my.local.ip.address"/>*

If my theory is correct, Ignite should make sure that the clients and
servers cannot theoretically bind to the same port. I will double check it
with the community and file a ticket if needed.